Thursday, November 1, 2012

Volunteers Needed

Welcome to PH Awareness Month!

To kick things off, I'd like to share a video with you. I created this message to send to the South Korea Pulmonary Hypertension Conference in October.

I had been asked to attend, but that many hours in flight felt a little too daunting for my life right now. I was really bummed to say no, but thrilled that I was able to offer this up instead.

Here's the thing... we all know we're living in "tough times". From social issues, to financial markets, to government in flux, to people's personal accounts, things are shaky. Add to that increased medical field regulation, decreased corporate support, and the fact that PH is just plain old rare, and we're looking at more than a few challenges to move our cause forward here.

But these challenges are not insurmountable. We NEED everyone, every single person, who has a vested interest in seeing improved treatments and an eventual cure to PH to throw themselves into the cause somehow. Fundraising. Awareness raising. Media. Social Media. Supporting other patients. Just talking to friends and family.  To volunteer means to make a difference. And that is priceless. What are you up to this month? I'd love to hear about it.


6 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of your recent activist efforts. This is my first PH awareness month, so I'm starting small. I signed up for wego's national health blog post month and blogher's NaBloPoMo, and have committed to blogging every day this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beachedscientist! Your blog is going to become a wealth of information - keep at it! I know I always learn a something from you

      Delete
  2. Great job as always!! My plans this month include having a display up at 2 hospitals with PH information, and I just set up a PH fundraiser that my friend wanted to do! She's donating her commission to PHA from the sale! And of course, the usual awareness blogging and status updates on FB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Looking forward to hearing how things went at the hospitals. Good luck with the fundraisers!

    ReplyDelete